Άρχισαν τα όργανα. Εκατοντάδες λίστες που μόνον απόγνωση μπορεί να φέρουν στους βιβλιόφιλους-εξωτερικού και όχι μόνον.
Προς το παρόν εστιάζω στα αδιάβαστα της χρονιάς.
Best of the year lists
Yes, it's not even December yet, but the flood of 'best of the year'-lists is already overwhelming.
The writer/reviewer/etc. personal recommendations are certainly preferable to the institutional lists; among these are:
- Books of the Year 2017 at the Times Literary Supplement -- admirably fully publicly available this year (and on a single page at that !)
- The Guardian has: "novelists, poets and critics pick their best reads of the year" in their 'Best books of 2017' -- alas, as a two-parter: part one and part two
- The Spectator offers: "the best and most overrated books of 2017, chosen by some of our regular reviewers", in Books of the year -- and then (as an afterthought ?) More books of the year
- The New Statesman has: "Friends and contributors tell us what they've enjoyed reading most over the past 12 months", in The New Statesman's 2017 books of the year -- alas, stretched out ridiculously over three pages
- The New York Times Book Review's 100 Notable Books
- The Washington Post's Best Books 2017 (presented over a ... variety of pages)
- "Globe and Mail editors and reviewers offer up their favourite books of 2017", in: The Globe 100